Student's Top Ten Tips for Success at IUB
From the students you met last summer in their role as IUB Orientation Leaders
. . . their Top Ten Tips for succeeding at IUB:
- Keep an open mind to new experiences; try something new, you might like
- Get involved! Its the best way to make a big school smaller, less
overwhelming, and more personal.
- GO TO CLASS! Introduce yourself to your instructors; they are excited about
- Try to maintain a healthy balance between work and play. Learn to manage
your time effectively and wisely.
- Get outside your comfort zone and take advantage of the diverse opportunities
IUB has to offer.
- Dont just hang around with your high school friends. They can still
be there for you, but its important for you all to make other friends,
too. This isnt high school, phase two.
- Get involved in a student organization; there are over 400 here.
- GET TO KNOW your instructors. Attend their office hours, talk to them outside
- Get to know someone whose background is very different from your own.
- Take a class for fun. IU offers so many opportunities for studying and exploring
subjects youve never had the opportunity to take (or have even heard
Last updated: August 11, 2009
the Trustees of Indiana University